POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible: PureData : Re: Invisible: PureData Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible: PureData
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2011 12:49:27
Message: <4d5c0e27$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Like, in Haskell, if I want a 64-bit unsigned integer, I say "Word64".
>>> In C, I say...
>>
>>    uint64_t
>>
>>    (Yes, it has been standard for almost 12 years already.)
>
> Well, now I've seen everything... (All the sources I looked at said you
> have to write "long long unsigned int" or some mojo like that.)

You do. They just wrote into the standard that there's a header file that
comes with the compiler that says "Hey, when he says uint64_t, he means long
long unsigned int".

You can't declare a 64-bit integer. You can use someone else's declaration
that the standard says gives you a 64-bit integer in terms of
compiler-dependent long long unsigned int sorts of things.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"