POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Feb 2011 12:24:25
Message: <4d5ab6c9$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> data from the display on what tweaks you have made to it,

I'm not sure how this would differ from a calibrated monitor. Of course,
monitors and printers are going to have their own profiles, to translate
from the standard calibration into whatever they need themselves for their
own individual inks or electronics.

> have the two properly match colors properly.

That's the calibration.

> a standard display, and had been "pre-tuned" to exact
> specifications.

That's the calibration, yes?

> most printers do a pretty fair job of producing similar output, so its a
> bit less critical, except when it isn't.

They do now that people have decided on a calibration.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"