POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Abstract : Re: Abstract Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract
From: clipka
Date: 14 Feb 2011 15:45:55
Message: <4d599483$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.02.2011 10:16, schrieb Invisible:
> On 14/02/2011 01:17 AM, clipka wrote:
>
>> Ah, the most emo of all bible chapters...
>
> Have you *read* the Bible?

Yup. All of it. Even 1 Chronicles 1-9 (though I couldn't quote a single
line from it). All in all I really can't think of anything that sounded
more depressive to me than Ecclesiastes.

I didn't read the KJV though (except for some sections), so I can't say
whether it is more emo in general than the German version I read
(Elberfelder revised or Schlachter, dunno which one it was).

The only thing that comes close might be Job, but that one at least has
a happy ending.

> You've got to love inserting random Bible quotations though for the
> sheer crypticness and enigma of it all. I actually got the above quote
> not from the Bible, but from Assassin's Creed. Similar unfathomable
> quotes from Cryostasis too.

Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction comes to mind.