POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible: PureData : Re: Invisible: PureData Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible: PureData
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Feb 2011 13:27:50
Message: <4d597426$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/14/2011 10:16 AM, Invisible wrote:

>> For me, PD is a novel toy...
>
> As I say, it looks too low-level for me.

It is low-level. But, really, its not supposed to be a high-level tool.
But-- If you're working on a softsynth, or fooling around with DSP
techniques, it beats coding up a program, since it already has the
framework laid down, all you need to do is make the connections. It can
also do things live, which can be interesting.

> I use GNUplot from time to time, and that annoys me with its lame
> interface too. I keep promising myself that some day I'll make a proper
> graphing tool...

Yeah, GNUPlot sucks. My use for Maxima is mostly for simply quickly
plugging something in, and solving it w/o having to manually do the
algebra.

--
~Mike