POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray Real Camera Simulation : Re: Povray Real Camera Simulation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Real Camera Simulation
From: clipka
Date: 14 Feb 2011 13:20:47
Message: <4d59727f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.02.2011 09:25, schrieb Nekar Xenos:

> MC Pov does a great job of camera noise and it renders more realistic
> than the normal Pov-Ray
> http://fidos.pagesperso-orange.fr/MCPov/MCPov.html

I have to contradict you there: POV-Ray is getting the diffuse component
wrong, as I found out when trying to use it as a reference to validate
the radiosity code; see the thread "MCPov: Diffuse Reflection - UR Doin'
it Wrong" in povray.unofficial.patches
(news://news.povray.org:119/4b093e4b@news.povray.org)

I think what makes it /look/ more realistic is the blurred reflections &
refractions instead of (Blinn-)Phong highlights.

As far as performance is concerned: I think it's really time we get a
free-license 3.7 release out the door so someone can create & distribute
a patch for stochastic rendering.