POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excel question : Re: Excel question Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excel question
From: bart
Date: 14 Feb 2011 11:13:25
Message: <4d5954a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/14/2011 11:08 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
 >As an aside I'd use a "Worksheet_Change" on the sheet itself
Yes, it seems more practical, especially in case of many worksheets.

 >and "If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B")) Is Nothing Then" and
"Source.Formula"
 >to maintain the added value.
Yes, as I said, it's a start that could be extended to fit one's needs.

 >Good that you remembered "Application.EnableEvents = False" otherwise
 >the scripted change will trigger the script again
 >and it's infinite loop time; so easy to forget
That's exactly what happened with the first try ;)

There are many ways of doing things in Excel, I wander
what is the real reason behind the original question,
since it looks like a minimal example.
As possible application I could think of, say
- some kind of non-trivial custom auto-correction;
- instant conversion of typed formula to value;
- some tricky content-based auto-format...