POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Invisible: PureData : Re: Invisible: PureData Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invisible: PureData
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Feb 2011 10:46:15
Message: <4d594e47$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/02/2011 02:05 PM, Mike Raiford wrote:
> Ever heard of it? Have an opinion? Just curious. Been kinda poking
> around it, neat little graphical DSP type thingy. Though looks crude, is
> quite flexible, a lot you can do with it.

Looks very hackish to me. I probably wouldn't like it.

The (very expensive) Reaktor software I have already does approximately
this with audio. (But with cleaner abstractions.) And there's WinAmp's
AVS and Milkdrop plugins that do roughly the same for video.
(Unfortunately, those are quite hackish as well.)