POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Feb 2011 08:43:35
Message: <4d593187$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/11/2011 2:58 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Well, apparently $850 works out to about £500. That I could just about
> afford. Maybe. (At the end of a long list of other stuff I still want to
> buy...)

:D I own a Canon 7D, a 40D, a few lenses. Tam 17-50 f/2.8, Canon 70-200
f/4, Sigma 10-20 (I forget the aperture range on this one, I want to say
f/3.5 5.6, doesn't matter, that isn't relevant when there's so few
designs with such a focal length range, some extender tubes, a few
flashes, a 50mm f/1.8, and some various adapter rings and polarizing
filter.

Actually, If I didn't spend so much on camera gear, I could probably
afford the monitor, but built-in calibration isn't a priority, and I'm
not doing any serious marketing work. Besides, my wife would be out for
blood if I dropped $1500 on a monitor :D

--
~Mike