POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Feb 2011 08:33:05
Message: <4d592f11$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2011 10:43 AM, Invisible wrote:

>> Hopefully you realize that each of these costs probably less than a
>> week's salary of the person using it, right? :-)
>
> ...there are people who use colour-calibrated monitors?

I do... Though I can't afford one with built in calibration, I use an
external device to calibrate my monitor. It gets close, but no exact. I
just switched from one with a fluorescent backlight to one with an LED
backlight, and am still getting used to the color rendering of it (I'm
not sure, but I suspect my colorimeter may be trying to compensate for
the fluorescent green peak when set to measure an LCD.

--
~Mike