POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can't read ../../file.inc : Re: Can't read ../../file.inc Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't read ../../file.inc
From: Chris Cason
Date: 13 Feb 2011 06:18:48
Message: <4d57be18@news.povray.org>
On 13/02/2011 16:49, dickbalaska wrote:
> Hiho,
> 8 years ago, in my POV-Ray 3.1 days, I used to use
> #include "../../ttCommon/file.inc"
> I now need to rerender my animations as 1920x1080. :) :)
> I notice that I can do "../file.inc" but I can't do "../../file.inc".
> I have turned off Script I/O restrictions.
> The exact error is:
> "C:\pov\dev\ttfo\haus\fishtank\fishtank.inc" line 96: Parse Error: Cannot open
> include file ../../splineColefax.inc.

Hi Dick,

Good to hear from you after all these years.

I can't say exactly what the cause is as I don't know your full dir layout.
Since the windows version of POV changes the current working directory to
that containing the scene or INI file, any relative file references will be
based on that location, not the directory that an included file is in. If
the failure is not related to this then I'll need to look into it further.

-- Chris