POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Feb 2011 13:43:58
Message: <4d55836e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> the artists and designers who choose
> colours get very annoyed when the final product looks a totally
> different shade to what they designed.

My brother (in advertising) tells of a time when the boss sent out some
valentine calendar or some such for a test print. An hour later the printer
comes back with a sample.

Boss: "No. This is awful. It's supposed to be pink. Does this rose look pink
to you? No! It's orange. It's not even close. Go fix it."

An hour later, the printer comes back with another sample.

Boss: "Ah, this is much better. Now it's pink. *This* is what you should
have brought me in the first place."  Then he hands the calendar back and
says "Now go fix it."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"