POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2D graphical elements : Re: 2D graphical elements Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D graphical elements
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Feb 2011 09:12:27
Message: <4d5543cb@news.povray.org>
Le 11/02/2011 14:36, Trevor G Quayle a écrit :
> Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
>> Le 11/02/2011 02:25, SharkD a écrit :
>>> I think it would be good to have a series of 2D graphical elements to
>>> use to display on-screen elements like text, arrows, guidelines, etc.
>>> for creating diagrams and such. But, it would be kind of complicated
>>> with POV-Ray's existing 3D elements.
>>>
>>> Anyone want to help with such a project?
>>>
>>> I'm thinking that copying SVG's syntax would be good. Positing them on
>>> the screen would also be difficult.
>>>

>> Flyspray #63 get closed because of lack of answer from OP (guess who
>> opened it ?) (more about SVG in it!)
>>
>> Have you investigated the screen.inc from the distribution ?
>>

> The problem with screen.inc or any other method that places an actual object on
> the image, is that it falls apart when using focal blur.
> It would be nice to have a way of adding 2D elements to the image that can be
> done easily, and are not affected by the camera.

Huh ?
If it is not to be affected by the camera, it will not stand with focal
blur.

Oh! *Some thoughts get into a brain somewhere lost deep in the universe*

if you just want a way to add 2D elements to an image, I would suggest
learning imagemagick script and using the post-render script facility of
povray (does it work yet within 3.7RC3 ?).

Do not ask a 3D renderer to do the job of a 2D picture editor.

--
Software is like dirt - it costs time and money to change it and move it
around.

Just because you can't see it, it doesn't weigh anything,
and you can't drill a hole in it and stick a rivet into it doesn't mean
it's free.