POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Feb 2011 06:48:58
Message: <4d55222a@news.povray.org>
On 11/02/2011 10:39 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 11/02/2011 10:06 AM, Stephen wrote:
>
>> It is your job. Your employers sound as if they are running the UK side
>> of your company like an outsourced third world project.
>
> No no, they run the *entire* company like this.
>
> According to Wolfram, my employer lost almost 1 million USD last
> financial year. Consequently, there is a spending freeze on *everything*.
>
> Then again, even back when we were making a profit, the company attitude
> has always been to avoid investment wherever possible. I guess it's just
> a very short-sighted company.

Get out before you are a statistic.

>> It looks like
>> your world view is hampered by this. No criticism to you intended.
>
> Perhaps. But I've met plenty of people who *don't* work for this screwy
> company, and most of them aren't exactly loaded either. (With a few
> notable exceptions.)

Of course there are lots of poorly paid people. That does not meen that
you have to be one of them.

>> The management of the company (Burroughs
>> Corporation) knew that using inferior equipment would hamper the
>> workforce in producing quality goods.
>
> Hah. Would that more companies thought this way...

Yes, but they were buggers to work for. If the unions said white the
management said black.
The toilets had no proper seat but just two crescents of wood to sit on
so that it was not possible to stay long.

--
Regards
     Stephen