POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Feb 2011 06:40:42
Message: <4d55203a$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/02/2011 10:10 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> It's the "somebody earning 7x" that doesn't seem plausible.
>>
>> It is the other way around. It does not seem plausible that someone with
>> your job description and skills is earning as little as you do.
>
> Well, yeah, I'm under-paid considering the job I do. But I'm sure
> there's lots of other people who also don't earn much money.

That is true.

> What we're
> debating is how many people earn such an insane amount of money that
> thousands of pounds is nothing to them.

Interesting how you see it. I thought that it was about how a few
thousand pounds was not out of the price range of someone with a decent job.

http://www.jobserve.com/System-Administrator-Cambridge-Cambridgeshire-Contract-W5515CF963CA2BB2A.jsjob

>> I can say, quite categorically, that you have met and had a drink with
>> at least three people in that bracket.
>
> Really? How do you compute that?

I remember meeting you along with Dr John and Steve. I won't speak for
John but I know his what his job is and can guess what he earns,
roughly. Steve's workshop had a turnover of 2.5 million pounds per year
before he died. So even at 4% commission that put him in the six figure
bracket. As for me, I'm an independent functional consultant for SAP.

--
Regards
     Stephen