POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Feb 2011 05:06:05
Message: <4d550a0d$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/02/2011 9:14 AM, Invisible wrote:
> I can believe that the likes of the billion-selling top magazines would
> go to these lengths. But Linux Format? I rather doubt it. Generally if
> an image looks reasonable on a regular screen, it looks reasonable in
> print too. Unless it's crucial for your images to look "perfect", I
> can't see anybody blowing such a huge amount of money just on a monitor.

It is your job. Your employers sound as if they are running the UK side
of your company like an outsourced third world project. It looks like
your world view is hampered by this. No criticism to you intended.

Thirty five years ago I was given a budget of about £80,000 to outfit a
new electronic test lab. (That would be worth between £500,000 and
£786,000 at today's values). The management of the company (Burroughs
Corporation) knew that using inferior equipment would hamper the
workforce in producing quality goods.

--
Regards
     Stephen