POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Feb 2011 13:05:16
Message: <4d5428dc$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:25:28 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> ...there are people who use colour-calibrated monitors?
>>
>> I take it you didn't actually read the description, then.
>
> I'm having a hard time believing that just because somebody is a
> "professional photographer" they can afford to blow £1k on a monitor.
> And let's face it, it isn't actually going to help them take better
> photos.

Well, consider that when I was working on my first book, I spent about
$12,000 on computer equipment, and that included an (at the time) $700
monitor.

I know people who are professional photographers who would think nothing
of spending that kind of money on kit for their work - be it cameras,
lenses, or monitors.

Jim