POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Feb 2011 04:18:28
Message: <4d53ad64$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/02/2011 02:48 AM, stbenge wrote:
> It's got a native resolution of 1920x1080, cost me about $155, and
> there's *not*one* pixel out of place.

To be honest, it's a long time since I've seen an LCD with any dead
pixels. It used to be quite common, but these days it seems to have been
nearly eliminated. (Although, the absurdly cheap LCD we got for my
grandparents has a single green pixel near the edge that's stuck at 100%.)

> The viewing angle is very satisfactory.

Most desktops manage to do this now. Laptops are another matter, but
desktops are usually quite good now. (As are TVs, BTW.)

> Of course, this is my first LCD monitor, so take everything I say with a
> grain of sodium chloride. But I've seen other comparably-priced LCDs,
> and I must say, this thing is awesome :)

I'm still very happy with the Samsung SyncMaster I got for my mum. Then

exchange rate...)