POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitoring prices : Re: Monitoring prices Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monitoring prices
From: stbenge
Date: 9 Feb 2011 21:48:24
Message: <4d5351f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2011 6:21 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Well, well... How times have changed!
>
> I just have a look at monitor prices, and discovered that you can now

> like, that's another matter...)

Even though you aren't /exactly/ asking for recommendations, I
nevertheless feel compelled to divulge some info about my current monitor:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/602277-REG/Acer_ET_WH3HP_002_H213H_bmid_21_5_Widescreen.html

It's got a native resolution of 1920x1080, cost me about $155, and
there's *not*one* pixel out of place. The viewing angle is very
satisfactory. Games with frame rates relying on vsync are actually very
smooth. There's no "GameBoy Ghosting" that I have seen. It's humongous
compared to my last monitor (Sony Multiscan CRT, 1152x1024, $400,
refurbished, circa 1999). Brand new, this Acer 213H cost me less $,
out-performs my last video peripheral, and doesn't make me feel like
I've got photonic daggers penetrating my eyes.

Of course, this is my first LCD monitor, so take everything I say with a
grain of sodium chloride. But I've seen other comparably-priced LCDs,
and I must say, this thing is awesome :)

Sam