POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New CA Simulation : It's driving me insane! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  It's driving me insane!
From: stbenge
Date: 6 Feb 2011 18:06:03
Message: <4d4f295b$1@news.povray.org>
Gah!

I was hoping that after downloading the JDK, the process of signing my
applets (thus making them viewable in a web page, on most computers)
would become possible. But no. Every turn I make takes me down a path
fraught with peril. And for what? For an applet that would take up a big
ol' chunk of my limited web space?

It's just not worth it!

So in order to save what's left of my sanity, I'll release anything I
make as a standalone application. I realize that this will limit my
audience, but if I make something truly worth seeing, then the download
will be worth it. I could then use a file-hosting service to provide
direct downloads. And, if I ever finish a game, save files will be
easier to manage.

At least Processing lets me export applications to the Big Three OSs :/

So, in short, I'm giving up... unless inspiration strikes and the
solution become clear `:(

Sam