  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Feb 2011 12:15:53
Message: <4d4d85c9$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/4/2011 10:37 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Not sure that Mexico is exactly a good example to use. Half the
>> "government officials" are either bribed, owned, or working for, the
>> criminal gangs that run around with tanks and planes of their own.
>
> That's sort of my point.
>
>> In places like Mexico, you can't tell apart the supposed "legit" and
>> "non-legit" agencies, so its fairly meaningless to talk about citizen
>> resistance.
>
> Again, that's my point.

Then I must be missing it, because its not much different than big city
gang wars. Some people want to stay out of it, and that means *not*
resisting, and the rest spend all their time resisting "each other", and
occasionally getting those that are trying to stay out of it shot
instead. turning the local town into its own armed gang, to resist all
the other gangs, doesn't solve the problem. You don't need a gun to
refuse to help a thug, and it doesn't necessarily help to have one
either. They might decide to leave you intact and shoot someone else you
know as a show of force, or any number of other things. Mind, they might
do that anyway, but... its not the same thing as happening to be armed
with some random person tries to rob you on the street, and even that is
imho, a bit of a toss up.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {