POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Feb 2011 04:16:09
Message: <4d4bc3d9$1@news.povray.org>
>> And even then, I rather suspect that any hard-copy publications would
>> assume that you're already an expert in signal processing...
>
> Depends on what you look for.  If you look for something published by the
> professional society for signal processors, yes.  That's kind like saying
> "well, I could find some information on creating 3D graphics, but ACM
> won't have anything introductory".  Which of course they wouldn't,
> because that's not their audience.
>
> When looking for materials, it's important to look for resources that are
> targeted at your level.  That's part of the filtering that you have to do
> when searching for information on a topic.

Well, there must be people who weren't DSP experts, and are now. Which
means that materials must exist somewhere. But on the whole, it seems
unless you pay to go on a training course, you stand no chance of
actually learning most of this stuff. (And I'm not paying money for
something that's only a hobby.)