POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New CA Simulation : Re: Thanks! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks!
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Feb 2011 14:37:12
Message: <4d4b03e8@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Ah, so /that's/ the point. I *knew* there had to be some reason behind
> it. But... aren't there file-hosting servers a person can use in
> conjunction with free website companies that would make anonymously
> distributing applets possible?

Distributing signed code via MS technologies requires you to get your
signature from MS, at least in many cases. Bascially, you buy a normal web
cert from a CA that MS trusts (any of several of the big ones), and then
sign an empty ActiveX file with it, and send that to MS along with your
public key, and MS signs the public key and sends it back. You can't just
use a self-signed cert, at least for most of the stuff I've seen that deal
with certs.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"