POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number : Re: V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: V. 3.7 missing message output of frame number
From: clipka
Date: 3 Feb 2011 14:25:16
Message: <4d4b011c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.02.2011 20:26, schrieb gregjohn:
> I changed something during an animation and it povray bombed out due to a syntax
> error I introduced. I wanted to resume the rendering at the frame I was at, but
> I looked at the message stream and this info was missing.  It was there in 3.5.
> It's one of the more valuable pieces of info spit out in the message stream, for
> precisely this reason.

I agree that this would be a good feature. The Windows version does
display the frame number in the status bar and above the progress bar,
but only while the render is running.

You /can/ retrieve the desired information from the output messages
though, as POV-Ray reports the full output file there for each frame,
including the frame number.