POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New CA Simulation : Re: Thanks! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks!
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2011 20:44:01
Message: <4d4a0861$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> On 2/2/2011 1:10 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> stbenge wrote:
>>> (assuming that signing my applets is the cure).
>>
>> Heh heh heh. Remember all the crap that Microsoft got for ActiveX
>> security? :-)
>
> I missed that... But I imagine if a company is faced with a potential
> lawsuit, they'd rather make things more difficult for developers rather
> than suffer the pain inflicted by hurled legal documents :/

Back when Java applets first came out, and ActiveX, everyone mocked ActiveX
because it allowed unsafe code to run as long as the developer had signed
the ActiveX package so you could track it back to him.

Now, 15 years later, Java gives in and does the same thing, because people
really do want to run unsafe code sometimes.  (Altho what's unsafe about
OpenGL I can't guess. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"