POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Warp
Date: 2 Feb 2011 14:03:07
Message: <4d49aa6b@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   No, I don't. You are writing about library sources now, and I have no
> > idea what you are talking about.

> So you don't think stdio.h is source file?

  Yes, it's a source file containing declarations.

  When you talked about needing "the source for the library", it sounds
like you need the entire library in source code form if you want to use
it in your program.

  While header files are source code like anything else from the point of
view of the compiler, it's not usually what is meant by "*the* source code
of the library", which would be *all* the source files needed to create
the precompiled library. When you say "you need *the* source code for
stdio", my answer is "no, I don't". Yes, I need the declarations, but
I don't need the full source code.

  I know that you didn't mean the full source code, but you should try
to use common terminology, and "the source code" is not the common term
for "header files".

--
                                                          - Warp