POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2011 13:33:41
Message: <4d49a385$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:53:55 +0000, Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> The stupid thing is that is how my box works. Supposedly the broadcaster
> sends a start signal which when used in conjunction with the Electronic
> Programme Guide knows that I want to record the listed 7pm programme
> that is now starting at 7:15pm and records from 7:15-7:45. In this case
> it relies on both the guide being updated and the signal being sent. The
> most common complaint I have is that it starts on-time and cuts off
> early; not by much normally, just enough to annoy.
>
> As you say I don't see why this is so hard to do exactly.

I don't either.

Last night, my DVR said it was scheduled to record "The Daily Show" from
9:00 PM to 9:31 PM (which in and of itself was odd), but at 9:09 PM it
hadn't started recording.  So we watched it live (no big deal, it was
partially buffered so we were able to go back to the beginning).

At 9:30, it started recording, recorded exactly 1 minute, and then
recorded the next show.

Of course, it decided that since it was starting to record on the channel
we were actively watching, it just skipped 5 minutes or so of the
interview while we were watching it, so it could record the last minute
(which was mostly credits).

Stupid technology.

Jim