POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2011 14:56:57
Message: <4d486589$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> That's actually a really good strategy for learning, as well - if you
> have to explain what you learned to someone, that helps focus your
> attention on what you're learning.

That's why I like arguing with Warp. He's smart and technical enough to make
me have to think up really good arguments to support my gut feelings. :-)

> The trick is not to identify "Haskell" as the subject you're writing
> about, but to break it down into smaller pieces.  Then break those
> smaller pieces down, and so on.

And another part of the trick is that the broken down sections might not
have the same cleaves as you would expect. You might have to break down lazy
evaluation into three or four different parts before you can find an order
to present them in, because it gives you an opportunity to explain something
else between part two and part three that part three relies on.

> Again, offer's on the table.

Same here.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)