POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:29:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jan 2011 22:13:12
Message: <4d477a48$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/31/2011 11:18 AM, Warp wrote:
> Patrick Elliott<sel### [at] npgcablecom>  wrote:
>> A project file is just another name for a MAKE file (at least
>> on Windows).
>
>    Not according to Darren.

Well. Don't entirely disagree with his argument against headers and the
like either. Been down roads like that before. Only thing *worse* is
having done something like me, where I knew Basic, so got VB, but VB
didn't include the C headers, so even though I could look up, and use,
system calls that where not directly handled by the standard VB
functions, there was no "documentation", as such, in any book, manual,
or help file, for *any* of the flags. The books might tell you what the
flag name was, but they *assumed* you would be doing this in VC++, and
that you would include the headers for that library, and that, thus, the
compiler would take care of figuring out what they flag's value actually
was. :p

Almost as insane as trying, on the Apple IIGS to write working menu in
PASCAL, using a book showing the flags for C, without any mention in
either the PASCAL help files, or the book, that PASCAL would muck with
the numbers, on some way, resulting in the wrong parameters, so nothing
you could do would *ever* work, if you used the values. Interestingly,
**that** book actually told you what the frak the values for the flag
you might use in each system call where, rather than relying on the
headers to do it. Microsoft's various "Blah API Bible" books came as a
nasty shock when I got one. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {