POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New CA Simulation : Re: Thanks! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks!
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 31 Jan 2011 17:49:27
Message: <4d473c77@news.povray.org>

> Thank you all for your input! I'd still like to hear any comments you
> might have, if you can take the time.

I spent more time with it, and it is really fascinating ! It looks a lot
like some sort of physical/biological process. If you can give some
qualitative information on the way the algorithm works, I'll be very
interested.  A few things I like particularly:

- the different 'timescales'  : after a click with the mouse, there is
the rapid process destroying the cell, but the system takes a long time
to reach a steady state as a whole

- I enjoy a lot when 'thin white lines' enter a big cell, and propagate
slowly with successive branching, changing in the end a big part of the
entire geometry.

Thibaut