POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Warp
Date: 31 Jan 2011 17:11:10
Message: <4d47337e@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > "One-liner" usually refers to being able
> > to express the task with one single command (a 'for' and its body are
> > usually considered separate commands).

> Say this in a brogue for me:  "I see. No *true* one-line script uses a for
> loop. It's not *really* a one-liner just because you can fit it on one line!"

  Exactly how long is your "line", and why exactly? Why do you choose such
an arbitrary limit?

  If I use an editor with a width of 150 characters, would that be the limit?
What if I narrow it?

  In fact, most editors don't have any limit for line lengths. Does that
mean that every program can be written as a one-liner?

> Yes, at this point, I'm making fun of you trying desperately to show that
> I'm wrong by making up arbitrary silly No-True-Scotsman distinctions. And
> here you say *I* am moving the goalposts.

  You know, throwing an accusation back to the person who made it is just
a childish "no I'm not, you are!" argument.

--
                                                          - Warp