  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jan 2011 14:03:13
Message: <4d470771@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Course, the problem there is, NJ is hardly isolated from any place else,

Yep, that's certainly part of the problem, yes.

BTW, it would be easy to enforce whatever gun control you want in the USA.
Amend the constitution to overrule the second amendment. We have a legal
process to do this. The problem with the people favoring gun control is that
they *are* in enough of a minority that they can't get this to happen. Not
unlike abortion, where no legislator is actually going to *vote* to outlaw
it, but everyone wants the courts to decide their way.  The only reason
people argue about the meaning of the second amendment and to whom it
applies is because enough voters like it how it is that the legislature
can't get rid of it.

> rug and calling, "Just normal stuff, so we didn't put it in the report."

You can go on speculating all you like. None of it actually means much until
you show the extent to which anything like that actually happens.  You can
speculate that if the US changed our gun laws, Norway would have less
violent crime, and you can speculate that if the US bought fewer violent
video games, then Norway would have less violent crime, and you'd have about
equal amounts of support for either stance.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"