  Re: Molecular biology
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jan 2011 12:14:25
Message: <4d46edf1@news.povray.org>
On 1/30/2011 5:49 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Hell, you can buy a box of bullets, one of those extra big clips, and
>> the gun, with less trouble than you could ***Cold medicine***.
>
> Depends where you live. In NJ, you have to have your fingerprints run
> thru the FBI to buy a box of bullets. You don't get a gun at all, unless
> you can prove you need one for work. Oh, and "I carry around tens of
> thousands of dollars of cash as part of my job" doesn't count as a good
> reason.
>
> Yet, I don't see anyone talking about how much safer New Jersey is than,
> say, Texas.

Course, the problem there is, NJ is hardly isolated from any place else,
any more than Texas is. And, frankly, I wouldn't trust Texas to give
valid statistics. One thing I have noticed is a tendency of places,
cities, states, etc., to deflate, via careful fudging of numbers, or
failure to accurately report things in the first place, any statistic
that might actually represent the opposite of what they wish to be true.
Its only when an outside audit can show the real numbers that you get
any clear picture, and crime rate reports are *never* audited in that
fashion (kind of hard to, when the one doing the original reporting is
the people being audited in the first place). Given all the other stupid
shit I see Texas doing, it would hardly surprise me is whole subsets of
"violent crime", where being categorized as lesser offenses, and not
thus included.

There is nothing like people that want to be seen as the nations elites,
but are quite obviously not, misrepresenting the facts, to make
themselves look less screwed up than they actually are. Evidence.. No,
just suspicions, and a few half remembered cases of this actually
happening, in places that later got caught out on it, but only after
someone *important*, (i.e. movie star, or government official, or the
like), became the victim of the things the locals where sweeping under a
rug and calling, "Just normal stuff, so we didn't put it in the report."

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {