POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Jan 2011 10:59:09
Message: <4d46dc4d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh God, I HATE THAT! >_< Why do TV programs have to repeat themselves
>> every 25 seconds these days?! I can only imagine that either they think
>> the people watching are absurdly stupid, or it makes the program cheaper
>> if they just repeat the same shots over and over again.
>
> Me too!
> I had a job one where I had to have the TV on all the time in my
> workshop. (To make sure that the satellite dish had not lost alignment.)
> Sky News was the only thing I could bare to have on and it repeated
> every 20 minutes. It drove me mad(er)

Well, news channels are like that. I guess the idea is that you tune in,
watch for long enough to see what's happening, and then turn off again.
So they just repeat the same news again and again, because people are
arriving and leaving constantly.

But normal TV should *not* be like this! And I am now sufficiently old
and demented to claim that it wasn't when I was young. I can only
imagine they keep repeating everything to pad out the material and make
it last longer. Feature films don't do this, so clearly it's not because
the adult human has an attention span shorter than a goldfish.