POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Jan 2011 04:46:43
Message: <4d468503$1@news.povray.org>
>> Yes, well, given that 98% of everything I write will never be seen by
>> another pair of eyes, that's not likely to change.
>
> And what we're telling you is that has to change.

And I'm telling you it's unlikely to change.

>> Usually the answer is "for ****'s sake, we don't /care/ about Haskell!"
>
> You need to read something other than Haskell blogs.

Actually I barely know of any Haskell blogs.

> Read a book, and write a book report, and ask someone to critique it for
> you. Everything you've written and posted here, even the wall-of-text
> posts, has been interesting, even tho I looked at Haskell and said "huh,
> interesting" and ignored it from then on.

Personally I think Haskell technologies can be interesting even if you
don't actually use Haskell. Like, lazy I/O. You could *totally* do that
in an OOP language. If you thought it was a good idea. The benefits and
pitfalls would be totally the same. Just as an example.

> Have you read no fiction in your life that when you got to the end you
> said "wow, that was pretty cool. I thought about something I wouldn't
> have thought of." Have you read no science article where you said "I bet
> in 50 years this will..."?

Molecular biology?