POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jan 2011 03:54:58
Message: <4d452761@news.povray.org>
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
> > Trying to work out what went wrong, and why, from the damn code, and the
> > code that built the code, and the code that ran the code, that built the
> > code... o.O

> Precisely. When the configuration file to create the build tools is based on
> turing-complete macro processing, you're gonna just be screwed if there's
> anything wrong.

  So let me get this straight: He was trying to compile a program with
Visual C++, the project did not have a Visual C++ project file, he was
trying to compile it in Windows which is not Unix and hence does not use
the same core tools, and consequently he had big problems in compiling
the program. Yet this is still somehow a problem with makefiles.

  It seems to me that anybody could make a post with any random problem
they had, and if a makefile was somehow involved, you would immediately
rush to agree with a "precisely!" answer regardless of what was the real
cause of the problem.

--
                                                          - Warp