  Re: Molecular biology
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Jan 2011 15:06:58
Message: <4d447362$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> That's because a hundred or more years ago they a) fought duels in
> public,

I think the number of deaths by duel where both sides agree to shoot at each
other is nominal, unless you have some evidence that it was common.

> b) didn't have a lot of rules about when it was and wasn't
> justified to shoot someone,

Of course they did.

> and c) you didn't have whole organizations
> dedicated to BS like, "Guns don't kill people, people do!",

Because nobody was stupid enough to think otherwise. Guns were tools just
like knives were.

> makes about as much sense as saying, "cars without working brakes don't
> kill people, the people that drive them do.", oh.. and the crazy idea
> that guns represent someone *other* than a very clear, specific, and
> intentional, way to kill things.

Guns are not likened to cars without brakes. How many policemen carry guns?
How many policemen would drive a car without brakes?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"