POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect : Re: The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The danger of Kinect
From: Warp
Date: 29 Jan 2011 10:58:05
Message: <4d44390d@news.povray.org>
> The other games I've seen are rather lame, tho.

  Yeah, the Kinect has opened rather poorly in terms of quality. From what
I have seen, at least half of the Kinect games published so far have got
extremely poor reviews. Rushed games which have been published as soon as
possible to capitalize on the new technology, without much effort and
polishing.

  Unless the Kinect suffers the same fate as the Power Glove (which I don't
think it will; it's Microsoft after all), the games will certainly get
better.

  (Ok, not *everything* by Microsoft becomes a hit. For example Microsoft's
answer to the iPod/iPhone, in other words, Zune, is a laughing stock of
almost everybody. Not that it's bad per se. It's just such a weak attempt
at competing with Apple.)

--
                                                          - Warp