POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect : Re: The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The danger of Kinect
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Jan 2011 13:07:10
Message: <4d4305ce$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> The other games I've seen are rather lame, tho.  Hopefully they'll get
> better, but it's hard to imagine how you're gonna take something like
> Batman and turn it into a kinect game.

you won't.  New controllers mean new kinds of games, not adapting old
stuff to the new scheme.

I mean, think of the hard non-stop arcade action of God of War (and to a
lesser extent, Batman):  a demi-god slashing his way through endless
hordes of demons with two chained blades.  You'd only be able to stand
such action if you had those very demi-god muscles.

also, moving the protagonist is hard without an analog directional pad:
  do you run into your screen or do you simply do the moonwalk and
simulate you're running?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9