POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect : Re: The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The danger of Kinect
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:31:17
Message: <4d42fd65$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> On 28/01/2011 04:46 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> nemesis wrote:
>>> wiimote all over again...
>>
>> It's actually pretty cool
>
> It's a cool idea, but from what I've seen, almost all of these motion
> sense devices are laughably inaccurate, which means they're next to
> useless.

The accuracy (or, more specifically, the precision) is rather low, but
they're only useful if you want a high-precision output from them. :-) You
work around it in the same way you work around trying to run a ninja attack
with only six buttons.

But that's what I was saying - the kindle is orders of magnitude more
accurate than the Wii or whatever they're calling the PS3 thing, exactly
because it's actually dealing with more than one point of input. It knows
where *each* of your joints is with about the same precision as the Wii
knows where *one* of your hands is.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"