POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 12:28:17
Message: <4d42fcb1$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> GHC uses Make to invoke the tools for generating various documentation
> files, running the test programs and benchmarks, and so forth. That's
> the closest example I can think of off the top of my head...

Fair enough.  Now that you mention it, I remember seeing a "test" target in
many makefiles.

But here's a question: Does it only regenerate the pages of documentation
for the files where the source of the documentation has changed? Does it
only re-run test cases for code that has been recompiled since it last ran
test cases? Or is it more like "this would be a shell script, but we already
have a makefile so we might as well put it in there"?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"