POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The danger of Kinect : Re: The danger of Kinect Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The danger of Kinect
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 11:46:57
Message: <4d42f301$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> wiimote all over again...

It's actually pretty cool, because it is actually sensing your whole body.
So instead of the sports thing saying "run in place with the remote in your
pocket" (giving you a pedometer kind of interface) it says things like "do
this yoga pose... no, lift your left arm higher..."   I thought that was
kind of neat.

The other games I've seen are rather lame, tho.  Hopefully they'll get
better, but it's hard to imagine how you're gonna take something like Batman
and turn it into a kinect game.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"