POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 11:44:48
Message: <4d42f280$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> here a little makefile for gnu-make, but YMMV, to generate png picture
> from every dot file in the current directory.

Does anyone really do this as part of a production system, btw? I've often
seen people claim "Make is good because you can compile things other than
code with it", but I've never actually seen a makefile that does anything
sophisticated like that. Does anyone actually work on a code base that (say)
invokes ImageMagik or some audio converter or some CD layout program or
something like that as part of their product and *does* use Make for it?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"