POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unix shell : Re: Unix shell Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix shell
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2011 11:41:18
Message: <4d42f1ae$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Actually, the primary problem with makefiles is actually C's bizarre
>> #include rules, where source files depend on other source files which aren't
>> evident from looking at the source files.
>
>   Never miss a chance to belittle C-like languages.

How come C is the only language from the 1970s that you get upset at my
pointing out technology-induced limitations? When someone asked why the C
standard limited global names to six characters and I said it was because of
FORTRAN-based linkers, you didn't seem to mind. You don't seem to object
when people make fun of COBOL's wordiness.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"