POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: scott
Date: 28 Jan 2011 08:15:02
Message: <4d42c156$1@news.povray.org>
>> Does that explain it?
>
> It doesn't explain why I am not allowed to watch iPlayer.

(I assume it's because you don't live in UK)

The rights the BBC has for programming is totally separate to how the
license fee system is set up.  For almost all the TV programs the BBC
don't have (and don't want) the rights to show it outside the UK.
They'd rather sell these off to foreign broadcasters (if they own the
content) or simply only pay for the UK rights.  The only way it is
possible for iPlayer to exist is if it's only accessible to UK residents.