POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR images as functions: is this right? : Re: HDR images as functions: is this right? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 02:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR images as functions: is this right?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Jan 2011 05:05:59
Message: <4d429507$1@news.povray.org>

> Glad I could help! I'm looking forward to baking some textures myself
>  some day. Your tutorial will make things much clearer, I'm sure :)

   I'm not so sure... :)

> Oh, since you are gaining knowledge about mesh-based cameras, do you
>  know if they can be used to render certain effects like custom focal
>  blur? I seem to remember something about the mesh camera's ability
> to take more than one sample, for AA or something.

   Yes, you can use several "stacked" meshes to accomplish a sort of AA,
as in the example Jim pointed out.

   Theoretically, it could be used to do focal blur, but I've not tried
that experiment yet (it's on the list, of course). I suppose it's just a
matter of creating the meshes so that the face normals are the same on
the focused region, and start to diverge progressively with the face
distance to the focus point. But I'm really bad theorizing... I usually
prove myself wrong when I try things for real.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org