POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Product Mysteries : Re: Product Mysteries Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Product Mysteries
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jan 2011 19:10:54
Message: <4d42098e$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> What does surprise me is that in a moving aircraft, the GPS receiver in
> my phone is useless.

Not all of them are. My brother has a trace from his exercize watch that
shows him flying across country.

> I could as well, but then again, there are lots of wireless signals
> flying around in open space, but I would expect something that's designed
> to fly through the air to have some shielding against it.

Especially that in which the general public will be flying. I'm not
surprised there are industrial settings where following the rules is more
important than in an airplane passenger compartment.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"