POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR images as functions: is this right? : Re: HDR images as functions: is this right? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR images as functions: is this right?
From: stbenge
Date: 27 Jan 2011 17:49:40
Message: <4d41f684@news.povray.org>
On 1/27/2011 2:02 PM, Alain wrote:
> If your actual range is smaller, with some subtile darker details, then
> your 255, or less, can be enough.

How many people actually design scenes with light_sources or ambient
textures over 255? The main reason I am concerned is so I can update
Rune's illusion.inc which relies on images generated with POV...

> If your high range is from a night scene where everything is dark, it
> could be an idea to actualy multiply your values...

I'm really hoping to develop some "one size fits all" default values,
and let people worry about adjusting things only when it's absolutely
necessary.

Sam