POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR images as functions: is this right? : Re: HDR images as functions: is this right? Server Time
27 Jun 2024 14:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR images as functions: is this right?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Jan 2011 14:52:36
Message: <4d41cd04$1@news.povray.org>

> So my question is this: does this method seem alright to you? Is there a
> better way? Is my math faulty?

   I don't know, but it's working pretty well for my light maps...

   As you can read on the prior thread, Ive slapped my face again and
thanks to it I've discovered the OpenEXR output. It's working perfectly
to generate the light maps with alpha, but when using it back into the
texture via functions, I was getting a sort of "solarize" effect. Then I
read your post and realized this was the problem... thanks! Now I can
finish my baking tutorial! :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia