POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jan 2011 14:02:03
Message: <4d41c12b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> not good at deciding what order to explain stuff in.

When you know a whole bunch about a subject, that can happen. It just takes
practice. And writing an outline first.

If you want to get good at this, write a page-long lesson on anything you
like, twice a week, starting with an outline. In a few weeks, you should be
able to finish the whole essay in 20 minutes. Show it to someone else each
time, and ask where it was confusing.  In six months, you'll be able to sit
down and whip out an essay that's comprehensible on pretty much any topic
you know about (and not unlikely a whole bunch you know nothing about) in
half an hour.

> Having somebody else review it helps. They're the ones who point out
> that you've neglected to explain something because it's just so utterly
> obvious to you that you forgot somebody else wouldn't necessarily know
> this.

Yep. Very important.

> I haven't had the pleasure of working with a professional editor yet.

That's what a good high school is for. ;-)

> Yeah. Logically, there must be books and courses and things somewhere
> which explain how to do this properly.

I would think you learn by sitting with other professional sound engineers.
I wouldn't think "sound engineer" is something you could read about.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"