POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures : Re: Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:58:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using lightmaps generated with POV back into POV textures
From: stbenge
Date: 27 Jan 2011 13:01:32
Message: <4d41b2fc@news.povray.org>
On 1/27/2011 6:52 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> What kind of artefacts do you get?
>
> Dot-artifacts, exactly them same ones that FlyerX was describing on this
> thread:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C4ca53804$1@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=355419&toff=50

This might be related to a bug I've been meaning to report. Image_maps,
when interpolated (2,3 or 4) and made into functions, tend to produce
horrible dot artifacts. I haven't tested it with the last two beta
versions, but it would seem that the artifacts are still present :(

Sam